Fines and Fees
Books can be returned to any library location on the Athens campus except the Miller Learning Center and the Richard B. Russell Jr. Special Collections Libraries Building.
To view library account information, log in to My Account.
Borrowers are responsible for all items they check out of the libraries. If books are lost or damaged, please notify the library staff. See more about lost or damaged books.
The UGA Libraries no longer charge UGA Affiliates regular overdue fines for most items. There are exceptions to this policy change.
Exceptions for items:
- Overdue fines for Course Reserves (up to $3 per day), media ($2.50 per day), laptops ($20 per day), and other technology/equipment
- Recall fines ($1 per day)
- Damaged item fees (assessed by library depending on extent of damage)
- Lost replacement and processing fees ($35 per item)
Exceptions for patrons:
- Outside Borrowers
- Other non-affiliated guest users
Recall fines and charges for lost/damaged items are still in place. If books are not returned and/or replacement/damage charges are not paid, the Libraries will restrict borrowers' library privileges. Holds may be placed on borrowers' university records to restrict access to course registration, transcripts, and the purchase of athletic tickets.
All patrons are subject to recall fines and lost/damaged item charges.
Payments can be made in person at the Main Library Access Services department with cash, check, or credit card. Payments can also be made by phone with a credit card or by mailing a check or money order to the address listed below. Please make checks or money orders payable to UGA Libraries.
Holds will be removed when obligations to the Libraries are cleared.
Before leaving the University, borrowers should check their library accounts to ensure that all books have been returned and all fines/fees have been paid.
- Main Library Access Services
- Address: 320 South Jackson Street / Athens, GA / 30602
- Phone: 706-542-3256
- E-mail; email@example.com