Located in the Boyd Graduate Studies Building, the Science Library houses materials related to the natural, physical, and life sciences, as well as medical and technical subjects. It is also home to the Makerspace, the South Campus Writing Center, and GradsWrite: Graduate Writing Center.
SciLi COVID-19 updates
Per USG policy, masks required inside the Science Library at all times. Free masks are available at the Security Desk. If you are exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, headache, or others as outlined by CDC, the university asks that you do not enter the Science Library and contact your healthcare provider. You are encouraged to utilize DawgCheck everyday to check for symptoms.
- Floor decals (on our new carpet!) indicate entry and exit of the building, how to queue at the Circulation and Reference service points, and at the WEPAs. Please be mindful of these wayfinding signs, respect the boundaries and comfort levels of others, and keep your distance.
- We are no longer loaning markers for the whiteboards.
- Banquettes are to be occupied by 2 individuals only, please.
- Occupancy for elevators is limited to 2 people at a time.
- Occupancy for bathrooms is limited, as well. Bathroom doors clearly state the number allowed. Please wait outside the bathrooms and away from the doors in a socially distanced manner.
- The Science Library will close at midnight, Sunday - Thursday to allow time for crews to clean and disinfect the building.
- GradsWrite & Writing Center are virtual and by appointments only for Fall term - no in-person appointments.
- Some computers have been removed and yellow and black caution tape has been placed where not to sit.
- The Makerspace is open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm and occupancy is limited to 2 patrons at a time. Reservations for equipment are encouraged and may be made on their web page.
- Please don't occupy cubicles in the ThinkTank marked with yellow and black tape.
High-Performance Computers at SciLi
Eight high-performance computers are available for use on the second floor of the Science Library. These computers are loaded with: Autocad Architecture; Autocad Civil 3D; Autocad LT; Inventor; Maya; Revit; Fusion 360; ArcGIS; QGIS; Anaconda; Blender; Ghostview; Gimp; GitHub; GSView; Inkscape; Java; JMP; Microsoft Visual Studios; La TeX; Matlab/Simulink; MeshMixer; MultiSim; Netbeans; R; Unity Game Engine, and Weka. More software coming!