Individual study carrels
Individual study carrels are available for use by UGA affiliates in both the Main and Science Libraries. The following carrels are available on a first-come, first-served basis:
336, 337, 338, 339
347 is a quiet/meditation carrel, which is also first-come, first-served.
433, 434, 435
531, 532, 533
3 carrels in back left corner (numbered 6-LFT, 6-MD, 6-RT)
McBay Science Library
Individual Study Carrels Policy
- Limited to use by UGA affiliates only. You may be asked to show your UGA ID.
- First-come, first-served. No reservations allowed. 4 hour limit.
- Carrels are designed for quiet study, reading, and research only; anyone using the room for non-study purposes such as sleeping may be asked to leave. Carrels are not intended for web meetings, group study, or conference space.
- For safety and security reasons, windows must remain uncovered and unobstructed.
- The UGA Libraries are not responsible for items left in a carrel. All items left unattended for longer than 30 minutes may be removed.
- Library materials will be reshelved.
- Personal items will be brought to the Libraries' Lost and Found - inquire at the Security Desk.
- Violation of any of the carrel guidelines can result in termination of carrel use.
Study carrels in the Main and McBay Science Libraries can be reserved by eligible UGA faculty members and graduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Faculty members engaged in library research
- Doctoral candidates who are currently writing their dissertation
- Master's candidates who are currently writing their thesis
Please use the carrel application form for Main or McBay Science to request a carrel. When completed, please submit the application to the Circulation Desk at either library or send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Carrels are assigned by appointment only.