McBay Science Library Makerspace
We are a campus-wide resource supporting students, faculty, and staff in creative making for educational, non-commercial purposes. We provide project-based instruction that inspires curiosity, exploration, and innovative uses of technology. Come learn, prototype, and iterate!
We support the UGA Libraries Strategic Plan to advance the University’s mission. To integrate Makerspace technologies into coursework and research, please email, Andrew Johnson - Emerging Technologies Librarian.
Location McBay Science Library Room 381
Hours Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm (closed 12pm-1pm)
- 3D Printers training required (MakerBot Replicator+ & 5th Gen.)
- 3D Scanner (Structure Sensor)
- Arduino; MakeyMakey; Multimeters; Raspberry Pi
- Laser Cutter training required (Dremel LC40)
- Vinyl Cutter (Roland STIKA)
- Soldering equipment training required (Hakko FX-888D)
- Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headsets available at Circulation desk
If you can't make a training session due to a scheduled class, please email email@example.com