Once you’ve requested your equipment and been notified by email that it is ready for pickup, you can retrieve the requested items from the Service Desk.
Laptops & associated accessories have a loan period of 7 days.
Cameras & associated accessories have a loan period of 7 days.
Remember, equipment must be picked up and returned during service hours. Do not leave items at an unattended desk. Doing so will result in a $50 mishandling charge.
Note: If you have requested multiple items, please note that they may not be pulled and held for you at the same time, depending on availability. Your email notification should indicate which item is available for you. If you are requesting audiovisual equipment with a two day hold window, you may want to wait until you have received notification for all (or most) items.
To check out items:
- Bring UGA ID or official photo ID to the 3rd Floor East Desk of the MLC during service hours.
- Present your ID to staff and tell them you have received notice that equipment is ready for you to pick up.
- Follow staff's guidance to verify components and complete the check out process.
- Pay attention to the due date and time of your loan. Log into your library account to confirm.
To return items:
- Download all files and remove personal memory cards/external storage devices from equipment being returned.
- Bring UGA ID or official photo ID and equipment with the equipment and its components to the 3rd Floor East Desk of the MLC during service hours. Do not leave items at an unattended desk.
- Present ID to staff and tell them you are returning equipment.
- Follow staff's guidance to place equipment in the provided bin and hold up item barcode for scan.
- Wait until staff indicates you are set before leaving.
Tech Lending does not offer renewals.