Undergraduate Research Awards Application Checklist
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled undergraduates during spring 2024 at any class level and in any discipline (arts, humanities, social sciences, sciences) at the University of Georgia.
- Schedule and attend a library research conference with a librarian before completion of the project.
- Agree to contribute to a display about their research mounted for public exhibition following receipt of the award, and also agree to allow the addition of their essay to ScholarWorksUGA.
To apply, complete/submit the following:
- The summary of the consultation with your subject specialist librarian. The librarian will send you the summary by email after your consultation. Note: Please allow time to incorporate the librarian's suggestions into your research before submitting the award application, and include specific examples in your essay of how you incorporated their suggestions into your research project.
- 750-1000 word (3-4 page) essay describing your research strategies and experience, including any changes to your research strategies after you met with your subject specialist librarian.
- Project bibliography in proper citation format (e.g., Chicago, MLA, APA, Turabian). An in-progress bibliography may be submitted if the research project is not yet complete.
- Final version of abstract (if available).
Attach all documents to completed Application Form
Essay and application materials must be received by March 11, 2024.
Elizabeth White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
UGA Libraries Undergraduate Research Award
Miller Learning Center, Room 373
Athens, GA 30602